Life after the business overdraft
Download your free copy of ‘Life after the business overdraft’ — an assessment of the state of small business finance - by Funding Options
Since the credit crunch, much has been made of the reduction in bank lending to businesses. But the squeeze in lending is not as uniform as many think, especially where small and medium enterprises are concerned. It is the withdrawal of the bank overdraft that’s causing pain, and without overdrafts, small business owners are looking elsewhere at new and innovative financial products.
Our specially commissioned survey of small business owners shows that as well as the terminal decline of small business overdrafts, there is also a ‘knowledge gap’ among business owners, who are often unaware of the alternatives available or don’t have a workable understanding of them — compounding the problems of SME access to working capital.
- Key findings: the scale of the problem
- What are the alternatives to business overdrafts?
- The truth about bank lending to SMEs
- Small businesses’ attitudes towards banks
- The opportunity for FinTech and AltFi
- The ‘Knowledge Gap’ and what it means
- What needs to happen